Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A very exciting morning for Garritt

This morning was very exciting for Garritt because he got to feel Ryder kick for the first time!

It is odd that Ryder was kicking so early this morning. Usually, he sleeps all throughout the day and wakes up between 7:30-8. I know this because I can almost always tell what time of evening it is when he starts kicking and moving like crazy. He is a very active boy...just like his parents. So, the fact that he was kicking so early this morning was unusual. Garritt was talking to me and had his hand on my belly and all of the sudden Ryder let's out a little kick. It wasn't a very hard kick so I assumed Garritt wouldn't have been able to feel it but he did! Garritt looks up to me and says, "Did you feel that?". My first thought was 'of course I felt that' but I was suddenly so excited that his statement meant that HE had finally felt it. It was a tiny little kick but that's all it took for Garritt to feel Ryder for the first time.

I am so excited to be able to share Ryder with Garritt in this new way. I am always feeling Ryder in so many ways. He moves and spins and feels like he's swimming in my belly. But I've felt like poor Garritt doesn't get to feel how real Ryder is...until today! Right after Ryder kicked G immediately wanted him to kick again. He said he wanted Ryder to 'score another goal'. I'm sure there will be many kicks to come and I can't wait for every single one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment