Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's already been a year!

Garritt and I celebrated our one year anniversary last Saturday! I can't believe it's already been a year. It's incredible. I wouldn't have wanted to spend this year with anyone else and I look forward to spending all the rest of my years together.

For our anniversary we went to Medieval Times, the prime location for all couples celebrating years of marriage. A place where the men wear stirrup pants, the drinks come in bowls, and you eat with your hands. I'm surprised we even got tickets...with all the romantic vacationers coming from all over the world to travel back to the Medieval world. WE LOVED IT! I had never been before and I had a blast. Here are some photos from the evening:


This one is a little blurry but that is indeed a 40 ounce BOWL of slushy:

One from inside the arena:

And here are the gifts!
I went a little overboard and got G a guitar! He has wanted one of his own for as long as i've known him and I couldn't resist. He was pretty pumped! I think I was more excited to give him his gift than to receive mine...

My gift was a locket (that I laid on pretty heavily that I wanted). It is engraved with an 'A' on the outside and I have wanted one since High School. I finally have it! On the inside G surprised me with another engraving that says 'Let everything you do be done in love'. My plan is to put a picture of G, Ryder and I in it after the little man is born! But I will definitely be wearing this locket -that I still haven't taken off- while I give birth and the inside engraving couldn't be more perfect!
He also gave me one rose for our first year of marriage!



This next year of our life is going to be so amazing. By this time next year, Ryder will be roughly 8 months old. I can't even begin to imagine all the things that will happen in our second year of marriage...but I can't wait to find out!

1 comment:

  1. Me, too!! Can't wait!!! Happy Anniversary again! Great blog! What a blessing the two of you are to God and everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete