Monday, August 29, 2011

Planes, Trains, and Tonka Toys...

My mom and G's mom threw us a baby shower this weekend! It was so fun and I am so grateful for all the work they put into it! There were around 30 people there. My mom kept saying how it was the biggest party she's thrown in her house. She gets a little frazzled when she's the host but she did great! We had sandwiches, sherbet punch, and this awesome cake...

What a clever cake!

We were overwhelmed with gifts! Everyone was so sweet and really did shower us with gifts! Here is a little of the aftermath... I forgot to take a picture of all the gifts when they were pretty and on the tables.

My sweet friend Lauren-Claire got to come to this shower before she leaves for Boston! I was so glad that a someone was throwing a shower that she could come to before she went back to school.

And of course my best friend Amanda was there


Fellas were invited so G was there too!


And then my mom and dad helped me bring all of our goodies home to Ryder's room!

Now, Great Aunt Karen, gave Ryder her old Owl bank! It is absolutely perfect! It is green and blue! Karen said she used to put pennies in it as a little girl to save up for her island... she put in a quarter for Ryder to start with and I can't wait to see what he says he is going to save up for!

It was so much fun to be on this end of a baby shower! We were so incredibly blessed by everyone who came and shared in this experience with us. It was just another one of those milestone experiences that I would have never been able to explain before I was able to go through it.

I can't wait to dress Ryder up in all of his new clothes and see him play with his new toys! We also got a bunch of amazing monogrammed items that I can't wait to put him in!

No comments:

Post a Comment