Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am so awful at blogging consistently. I want to try to get better. Not because I think anyone in the world is sitting by their computer just waiting to read what I have to say but because I really enjoy writing and even more so I enjoy being consistent!

I just read a blog by my sister-in-law. She always writes moving blogs that spur me on to thinking great thoughts. I've been thinking a lot lately about balance. I want to be better at balancing being a mom AND a wife. I have no problem saying that I am a great mom. I was clearly designed to be a mom and I love it. God has given me the gift of relatively seamlessly entering into motherhood with few hardships. Yes, I had a long labor. Yes, Ryder has already needed surgery. Yes, his sleeping has become less and less consistent. But all of those things I feel like I have handled with ease and the grace that only comes from God.

Anyways, I blog about this to be transparent and for accountability. I want to be a wonderful wife as well as mom. Right after God, my husband should be my first priority. I don't know how to do that at this point. I love Garritt so much and he is so supportive and loving and understanding. I just want to be feel as great about being a wife as I do about being a mother.

Ryder is so wonderful. He is such a joy. He started smiling and laughing in response to things a couple of weeks ago and it changed my life. I can get him to calm down if he's fussy more easily now that I know what he likes.

Things that Ryder likes:
-The Ellen Show
-His mom dancing around in the kitchen while cooking and listening to The Beach Boys
-His mom singing Janis Joplin's 'Me and Bobby McGee'
-Gripping things... like mom's hair
-Eating
-Sleeping in his crib
-Eating
-Walks
-Having explosive diapers
-and Eating

Things Ryder doesn't like:
-Not eating
-Not napping when he's sleepy

I love my big, growing munchkin.
I'm sure you do too... just look at him!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such kind words about my blog. Love you.

    And I totally know the feeling. If you're spending all your time trying to be a great mom, you can look up one day, and realize your husband is still there! I never thought that would happen to me, but it does. And it still does sometimes. It comes in waves. I think recognizing it is such an excellent first step. Ask Garritt specifically how you can serve him on any given day or week. Tell him to be specific.

    And just remember, the Lord uses us most when we feel weak. So you're on the right track! Love you.

    ReplyDelete